Sunday, 7 August 2011

Last minutes of being a 17-year old

In less than an hour (in German time) I will be turning 18. Strangely, it doesn't feel unnatural. It's time to grow up, be mature and take responsibilities. I shall go voting, drunk and with a cigarette in my hand. I shall drive as soon as I get my license (which will probably take another year) cause now I'm allowed to do all these things. Suddenly, from one day to another, I'll be allowed - how strange and bizarre those man-made rules are. 

But will anything really change? Probably not. I will stay the childish, cheeky good old me. I do have goal though: to be kind and more selfless this year. And to work harder than ever, just this final year of school. 

Being 17 is one of the greatest ages, I think. It certainly has been for me. It was a happy joyful year, probs because I finally accepted myself and knew what I wanted. I'll post more about the good things came with this year later.

I will now just leave you with my favourite Marina and the Diamonds songs: 17.


I will now move my body to this like a dancing queen, who is 17 (I am alluding to ABBAs famous song, duh - there are so many songs about 17 year old). x

3 comments:

  1. PS: I know I didn't send you anything to look at yet. I'm sorry. It's just that this semester is going to be tough as it is and since I still have a month to do it, I keep thinking I shouldn't work. I'll be glad when school starts again. So that I get back into the old me who works hard and doesn't find excuses all the time. :) I hope you'll still look at it when I'll send you something this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herzliche Geburtstag Kleinschenschenschen.

    Ich liebe dich.

    Ich kann kaum erwarten, dich zu sehen!

    So that's the news. Goodbye. Smooches. Mwah mwah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your German is swell. Thank you my little heart. ♥

    ReplyDelete