Friday, 19 August 2011

Postcards from Italy

Last week my family and I went to beautiful Italy - partly, because of my 18th birthday, but also because we all wanted to go to Italy for such a long time and finally got around to it. Our hotel was a villa in a small town in the centre of the north of Italy, half an hour away from one of the most visited vacation spot by the Germans: the Gardasee. And after arriving at our hotel and swimming a bit, we went to Bardolino where we spent lots of time going through the quaint boutiques, and had dinner next to a beautiful sun-set.

On the next day we went to Venince - a splendid looking labyrinth. We walked through heaps of alleys, each and every single house looking adorably antiquated. Some being blind alleys where you can't go any further because there is water - and even if you can swim, you would probably get run over by a water taxi (which we took on the way back 'cause although our eyes were wide awake, our feet were somewhat tired).

We also visited Verona and Guiletta's balcony where her Romeo would wait for her. And Lazise, which was again near the Gardasee. On the last day we went to Milano, which was also very pretty.

Overall, the four days in Italy were amazing and I hope I will be able to go back again soon - maybe with S?

Now some pictures of Bella Italia...:

This was in Bardolino, at the Gardasee. I just love water, boats and basically just harbours.

Sunset behind the Gardasee. You must recognise the beauty of apricot colours. It's magnificent. I have seen too little sunsets and rises in my life but when she is there we will all watch it as a family. 

Venice, a beautiful maze. More ships and more water that I like. 


 You probably remember this dress that we bought in Turkey together. I was wearing it on our day in Venice, it matched the color of many of the houses there. Beige-ish pink.

I thought these were quite neatly hanged here.

Alley in Verona at night-time.

I will post some more pictures about the food or ones that have a story to it soon, too. Miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment