Dearest of Ds,
You have probably heard about the situation in Manchester by now.
The riots in England are really getting on my tiny tits. Like whatever, mayhem is fun in small doses and movies but I'm truly horrified by what I've seen. Moronic 'young men in a complex mix of social and racial backgrounds' have been smashing and burning whatever they come across for a variety of un-agreed upon reasons, expressed by a drunken cacophony of expletives and 'inits'. Right now everyone's glued to their tvs, waiting in suspense; will there be a 4th night of anarchy? Will there be a fourth night of watching thugs through misty eyes, destroying the shops in which I used to buy cheap jewellry, and the beautiful streets on which I shamefully dropped my litter. The shop outside A's flat, as well as cars outside it, have been set alight and I am using all my energy impotently worrying about what will happen next.
'I wish we could all bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy'. Wise words.
I hope you're having a better time than I am in Italy, cara.
I miss you and humanity very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment