Remember when I took photos of the pictures of the little us-es from Nanny's photoalbum?
I finally felt like posting some of them here.
Sooo....meine Damen und Herren, es ist mir eine Ehre die jungen SDs Ihnen vorstellen zu dürfen:
S is the posing one on the left, I'm the one with the doll in her hand. I carried her around everywhere. Every-where. Her name was Baby. This photo was taken at our old house in Turkey, in a small town two hours away from the city, Istanbul. It was a fantastic place to have spent our childhood's summers - until there was a massive earthquake in 1999, and we rarely ever go there ever since.
I love this so much. And frankly saying, I would wear any of those dresses again nowadays - what fashionable little girls we were! S's dress looks like a dress from Topshop, mine perhaps from Zara? And then my big sister is wearing a dress by maybe H&M? With a jeans jacket from Urban Outfitters? The pure white dress that S's little sister is wearing could be of any of the above stores.
Another thing that I associate with this time - along with watching stray dogs have babies, creating a whole playground with the use of only one chalk and making up stories near the Alladin-like houses - are our beloooved jelly shoes. Oh how obsessed we were with them!
This is also a favorite of mine. I like the Alladin doll that lies on the lap of little S and I find her Mini mouse T-shirt very stylish. But most all, I like the facial expression that she is pulling. Oh my silly little S!
How I miss these times with you.
I love this so much. And frankly saying, I would wear any of those dresses again nowadays - what fashionable little girls we were! S's dress looks like a dress from Topshop, mine perhaps from Zara? And then my big sister is wearing a dress by maybe H&M? With a jeans jacket from Urban Outfitters? The pure white dress that S's little sister is wearing could be of any of the above stores.
Another thing that I associate with this time - along with watching stray dogs have babies, creating a whole playground with the use of only one chalk and making up stories near the Alladin-like houses - are our beloooved jelly shoes. Oh how obsessed we were with them!
This is also a favorite of mine. I like the Alladin doll that lies on the lap of little S and I find her Mini mouse T-shirt very stylish. But most all, I like the facial expression that she is pulling. Oh my silly little S!
How I miss these times with you.


No comments:
Post a Comment